Before you buy a home you should have the home checked out by a professional home inspector. Buying a home is expensive, why wouldn’t you get it inspected to ensure your getting what you’re paying for? McIntosh Home Inspection in Prescott offers some food for thought when making a home purchase.
First we have to mention that you’re not just buying that amazing master bathroom or bedroom suite, granite accented kitchen or stone-lined fireplace, you’re also buying any problems lurking in the walls or the crawl space or the attic. A home inspection is your chance to avoid problems, or at least, use any issues discovered to negotiate with the seller to pay for repairs.
Home inspections start at the roof and end at the foundation. Stops in between include every major house system (plumbing, electrical, heating, septic, etc.).
An inspection from McIntosh Home Inspection includes:
- roof, vents, flashing and trim
- gutters and downspouts
- skylight, chimney, and other roof penetrations
- decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings
- eaves, soffit and fascia
- grading and drainage
- basement, foundation and crawlspace
- water penetration and foundation movement
- heating system
- cooling system
- main water shut-off valves
- water heating system
- interior plumbing fixtures and faucets
- drainage sump pump with accessible float
- electrical service line and meter box
- main disconnect and service amperage
- electrical panels, breakers and fuses
- grounding and bonding
- GFCIs and AFCIs
- fireplace damper door and hearth
- insulation and ventilation
- garage doors, safety sensors and openers
- much more!
What is the cost?
Listed above are the systems and items checked by McIntosh Home inspection. A detailed report will be provided, in many times the same day, the cost for this can be as little as $250. The cost of a home inspection is based on square footage of the home.
We hope that the information above will help you to understand the importance of a home inspection. Eliminate surprises by having a home inspection performed prior to buying a home. This puts you in a better position of making a good choice on a home you will love. For a professional home inspection, one certified by the American Society of Home Inspectors, contact Josh at McIntosh Home Inspection in Prescott. Call 928-237-0861 or visit or website at http://www.homeinspectionprescott.com.